Thursday, December 11, 2008

A useless precog?

The last few weeks things have been happening a little differently. I'll be doing something quiet, where my mind will have a chance to think. Something random will pop into my head, example - today, on the way to the Pediatrician's office Bacon Lip Balm popped into my head. I thought about that thread on Etsy where it was discovered and everyone went crazy over it, the girl sold like 20 tubes in an hour or so.
I wondered what everyone thought about it, decided I would probably not like it, had a gross visual of someone putting leftover bacon grease on their lips, and then I arrived at my destination. I didn't think much of it honestly.

Well I came home, checked my blog roll and a friend of mine posted something this morning about - of course - Bacon Lip Balm. It wasn't the Etsy version, it was a commercial version, but still, how random?

The precog's are not always THAT useless. I'll have a thought like, "oh, I have to make a logo for Buy Hand Traditionally" and then a few hours later I'll get an IM from my MIL asking me to make a logo.

I'll think something seemingly meaningless, and a few hours later it comes back to me somehow. IT's happened more than a dozen times in the last few weeks.

Nothing has been extraordinarily useful. I mean, do I really need to know that sometime during my day, Bacon Lip Balm is going to be a topic? No. It's funny and interesting, but it's kind of random.

Maybe this is the start of useful precognition. Wouldn't that be nice? I could definitely see the benefits of a useful little ability like that.

2 comments:

  1. i totally believe in this - it happens to me all the time. however, i do think we should rename it "bacon brainwaves", what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon Brainwaves sounds so much tastier than it actually is hehe

    ReplyDelete