Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Columbine Tragedy

Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the Columbine massacre. I was a junior in high school when this happened, and I remember watching the news coverage, the coverage of the kids funerals, interviews with other students, friends, etc and just crying and crying. This is the first story I really remember gripping me and affecting me so much. I suppose I really related to the story because these kids were the same age as me. It was something that could have happened anywhere, to any school. It still frightens me to this day, the idea that people this young are capable of such inhuman acts.

I'm not sure what else I really want to say on the subject, just that I remember, and I pray for the families and friends that lost loved ones in this tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment