Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Day

I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but tomorrow in the US is election day. As an American citizen, this fact may have escaped you - it's not like there's been political commercials, mailers, flyers, phone calls, yard signs, door to door solicitations, personal letters, buttons, stickers, bumper stickers, broadcasts, and of course corporate and small business endorsements that have been in place to remind us that there is an election tomorrow.

I think it's funny that people are complaining about "dirty trickery". Apparently there are a masses of false info going out in various forms saying things along the lines of "if you are a republican - vote on the 5th, if you're democrat, vote on the 4th" or, saying that if you have unpaid parking tickets, or a criminal conviction that they might be arrested at the polls. Now - maybe it's just me being mean and cynical - but, I kind of feel like if you're dumb enough to fall for that....well....maybe you can't be trusted to make an informed decision and vote? I don't know, it might just be me, but I have an intolerance for stupidity. Sure, they aren't exactly funny jokes but I mean seriously people, it's not like voting is a new thing.

If somebody went around putting out flyers that said "if you're over the age of 50, you can only drive on even days, under 50 drives on odd days" do you think anyone would honestly believe it? And if they aren't smart enough to know a scam when they see one, do they have any place on the road? No!

I'm just sick of protecting people from their own stupidity!

P.S. if you were irritated or felt wronged by my post, please at least remember to go get out and vote on Wednesday November 5, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment