Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halloween

I haven't been blogging much lately, I've just been busy with some new projects, and, then I just plain did't feel like it. I've been in a bit of a funk lately, I'll post about all that later...... Anyway, my hubby couldn't decide on a halloween costume, so we went to Spirit Halloween. Yeah.... he found a costume there he liked - opened it and it was cheesy and polyester, nasty fabric. I could not have him dress up in that and pretend to be scary. So, we talked about sewing a costume, though, Halloween was less than a week away. I said I'd sew it.... now.. I can sew, but, I am quite novice at it. This was my first time following a pattern, and I altered it slightly because they wanted me to use a gauze-ish material and Sean wanted a heavier material so I used felt, which, I didn't realize would be an issue until they were telling me to hem, fold, sew, hem again bla bla... got a little bulky and I had to improvise a tad, but, it ended up coming out really nicely. I was quite proud of myself!

Here's some pics from Halloween, showing off my cute little "Woody" cowboy, and, of course my sewing handiwork on hubby's costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment