Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just around the willow bend...

Ok, so, aside from having Pocahontas songs stuck in my head, I have a new project I'm working on. It's nice to actually play with something crafty that I'm not pressed for time on - like the Jersey Devil shirts...which, shit, I still need to make more XL's and list them all in my Etsy Store.

So, yeah, aside from doing craft chores, and of course the ever life consuming work for the Handmade Faire - (still accepting applications, btw) which, don't get me wrong, I love, but it makes it hard to do anything else. Holly, from leafpile.org and I have been crafting inbetween sessions of me teaching her how to work her site hehe, and today she showed up at my house with a garbage bag full of curly willow.
Now, any ordinary person may have said something like, "why are you bringing your brush to me?!" but oh, no - no no no, of course we have a crafty use for curly willow. I'm in the process of trying to turn it into a wreath as we speak. My living room looks fabulous. iFlickrI thought about not doing anything with it yet, cause - what if a spider crawled out or something? Ah. I get the creeps just thinking. But ya know, I'm strong and brave now, fyi.

So, I'm making a wreath. It looks a bit scrawny at the moment but it's a good start. It would make a really good halo or head dress, but, only if I had a giant head.....which I actually do, but not this giant....seeeeee iFlickr

So, yeah, the living room is full of leaves and branches. Of course hubby does not even think twice about it, he's used to my craziness.

Ok, lets play I Spy........can you spy the wreath I'm working on in this massive pile of leaf?

iFlickr

if you can, I'll give you a cookie. Also, I'm pretty sure curly willow was the wood that Hermione's wand was made out of. I'm hoping to find a good "wand" in this bag! Might help complete my halloween costume :)

Sean does say that if I shake a branch at him and say "Wingardium Leviosa!" one more time.....bam, right to the moon, hahaha.

3 comments:

  1. Hehehe - After driving the 2 large trash bags around in my car all day I also had to spend some time playing with the curly willow. I did it under my carport in the dark. I ended up with a small wreath and a large pile of leaves. Hmmmm - what a great name for a website!!!
    Thanks Abbie for not thinking I'm nuts for arriving at your house with such an odd gift! Or shall I call you Hermione?
    Holly
    www.leafpile.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come I haven't seen this material or be allowed to touch or play with it. I think I am extremely jealous not to have the chance to twist or twine it. 8-)

    [Sorry, I got a little fussy about a character that got stuck in my post. What a fuss pot I am!]

    ReplyDelete